This Yamaha piccolo is handcrafted by accomplished artisans and have bodies of top grade grenadilla wood. The YPC-82 features a precious metal head joint compared to the YPC-81 which features a headjoint of grenadilla.
The YPC-82M precious metal head joint responds and projects differently to a wooden head. It is quite a subjective preference, perhaps they are a little brighter sounding but it's something to test to see if you like. Some players prefer the embouchure plate as it more closely replicates the flute embouchure plate, in this scenario the YPC-82 would be an excellent option if you're looking for a wooden pro model with solid silver head.
- Ribbed key post construction
- Greater body strength and accurate key action
- Split E mechanism
- Produces a clearer and more responsive high E
- Undercut tone holes
- Improved intonation and response due to smoother airflow throughout the instrument
- Double bladder pads
- Long life and better seating
Supplied with deluxe Yamaha piccolo case