Add your review
Schreiber S31 Bassoon
The Schreiber S31 is an excellent German bassoon, perfect for any advanced bassoonists. It has excellent intonation and a wonderful sound that enables those who play it the best opportunity for further development in their playing.
*Please contact us for availability
Schreiber bassoons are durable and are commonly seen in education establishments around Europe and are popular for those looking to purchase their first bassoon. The S31 is a professional version of their bassoons.
The instrument is made from alpine maple that has been matured over ten years, finished with a polished, polyurethane varnish. The finish is transparent, which allows the natural beauty of the instrument to come through, but also durable, due to the 13 layers that are routinely applied. All the socket liners in the boot joint are made of brass, which prevents chipping and cracking, and offers durable stability. The tenon caps of the wing and long joints are made of metal to prevent cracking and damage. A special epoxy resin lining in the wing and round to the Ab tone hole in the boot joint resists moisture induced wood rot. Hard rubber finger hole inserts protrude into the bore to prevent build-up of moisture.
The S31 features a standard 25 key set up, including a high-D key, double C-touch piece and whisper key lock for the left hand, as well as 4 rollers from F to Ab for the right hand thumb, and C# to Eb for the left hand little finger. This model also features a high E key on the wing joint. All of the key work is silver-plated.
- 10-year matured alpine maple
- Durable polished, polyurethane transparent varnish
- Boot joint socket liners made of brass to prevent chipping and cracking and offer durable stability
- Wing and long joint tenon caps are metal to prevent cracking and damage
- Epoxy resin lining in the wing and boot joint resists moisture induced wood rot
- Hard rubber finger hole inserts protrude into the bore to prevent build-up of moisture
- 25 key silver plated nickel keys
- High E key on the wing joint
- 4 rollers
- Supplied with two KER crooks, lengths 1 and 2
- Supplied in a durable case with a cordura cover