The Schreiber S13 Shortreach Bassoon features a specific design suited to the advanced musician with small hands. The redesigned wings feature extra length than standard models for a more comfortable playability. The S13’s maple body produces warm, clear tones with an outstanding presence. This model’s detailed keywork has been altered to offer an easier fingering throughout, whilst still fitting 22 keys with comfortable distance. Despite being suited to smaller musicians, the S13 still has the tone and projection of a standard model due to the body shape being the same size. The natural finish with silver plated keywork is a stunning aesthetic.
The S13 features a 22 key set up, including a plateau key for the left hand third finger, a high-D key, a high mounted F, F# and Ab touch piece, a closed ring key on the wing joint, a longer A, C# and whisper key touch piece, a high mounted C# and Eb touch piece on the long joint, as well as 4 rollers from F to Ab for the right hand thumb, and C# to Eb for the left hand little finger. All of the key work is silver-plated.
- 10-year matured alpine maple
- Durable polished, polyurethane transparent varnish
- Boot joint socket liners made of brass to prevent chipping and cracking and offer durable stability
- Wing and long joint tenon caps are metal to prevent cracking and damage
- Epoxy resin lining in the wing and boot joint resists moisture induced wood rot
- Hard rubber finger hole inserts protrude into the bore to prevent build-up of moisture
- 22 key silver-plated nickel keys
- 4 rollers
- Supplied with two KER crooks, lengths 1 and 2
- Supplied in a durable case with a cordura cover